[Linux-HA] Resources failed in Hearbeat-2.1.2 just after

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 1 03:03:57 MDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 10:21:05PM +0500, amohammad at ibnkhaldun.com.pk wrote:
> [...]
> >> bcast eth1            # Broadcast heartbeats on eth0 and eth1 interfaces
> >> ping 10.1.1.101             # Ping our router to monitor ethernet
> >> connectivity
> >> auto_failback no           # Don't fail back to paul automatically
> >> compression     bz2
> >> compression_threshold 2
> >> crm yes
> >> ____________________________________________
> >>

> >> when I start heartbeat with no error it starts
> >>
> >> but when I run "crm_mon -i5" I see the following output
> >>
> >> ________________________________________________________________
> >> Refresh in 2s...
> >>
> >> ============
> >> Last updated: Thu Sep 27 06:15:49 2007
> >> Current DC: ha-linux (55896269-c4a5-4992-abdf-19fb0bc16b36)
> >> 2 Nodes configured.
> >> 1 Resources configured.
> >> ============
> >>

> >> Node: ha-linux (55896269-c4a5-4992-abdf-19fb0bc16b36): online
> >> Node: iksws115 (34097616-7ef8-4b9e-b8ee-8451d9942f88): online
> >>
> >> Resource Group: group_1
> >>     IPaddr_10_1_1_199   (heartbeat::ocf:IPaddr):        Started ha-linux
> >>     mon_2       (heartbeat:mon):        Started ha-linux FAILED
> >>     apache2_3   (heartbeat:apache2):    Started ha-linux FAILED
> >>     drbdlinks_4 (heartbeat:drbdlinks):  Started ha-linux
> >>     postgresql-8.1_5    (heartbeat:postgresql-8.1):     Started ha-linux
> >> FAILED
> >>
> >> Failed actions:
> >>     mon_2_monitor_120000 (node=ha-linux, call=39, rc=7): complete
> >>     apache2_3_monitor_120000 (node=ha-linux, call=41, rc=7): complete
> >>     postgresql-8.1_5_monitor_120000 (node=ha-linux, call=45, rc=7):
> >> complete
> >
> > Do you have these three resource agents? You didn't attach your
> > cib.xml, but those are probably in LSB, i.e. in /etc/init.d.
> > What is mon for? Do you really need that? Otherwise, before we
> > get into ifs and whys those LSB scripts don't work properly, you
> > should use the Heartbeat supplied OCF agents apache and
> > pgsql. See also http://linux-ha.org on how to configure resource
> > agents in the CIB.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dejan
> >
> >> _____________________________________________________________________________
> >>
> >> My do't gives me any error but the above output shows error and failed
> >> action , I could not figure out it. What I am missing in above
> >> configuration .
> >> Please help
> >>
> >> Regard
> >> Ali Muhammad
> >>

> >> --
> >> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> >> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> >> believed to be clean.

> > --
> > believed to be clean.
> >

> Thanks Dejan,
>
> I have tried the RA "pgsql" that are available in
> /usr/lib/od/resource.d/heartbeat and I have changed the path of pg_ctl and
> others scriptc according to my system , because I am using debian

This RA accepts attributes with which you can change paths to
various programs used.

> When I start this pgsql script manually it give me the error
> an not starts the postgres.

What was the error?

> The same I have tried for apache2 and not
> starting the RA (but I havr tried it manually not bu heatbeat).

The apache RA is used by many.

> I have read the links ocf RA tutorial on HA site but this is not providing
> me the clear clue about making my RA. So PLease if you have RA available
> for apache2 and postgres then send them to me

You should not need to create your own RA. Both pgsql and apache
were designed to fit varying needs. It is not very probable that
they won't work for you.

Thanks,

Dejan