[Linux-HA] Urgent question about clone ordering

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 06:20:01 MDT 2007

On 8/14/07, matilda matilda <matilda at grandel.de> wrote:
> > does this help?
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> thank you for the explanation. It clarifies some aspects.
> But back to my initial question.
> If I configure a plugin 1 whichis able to shoot node 2 and
> a plugin 2 which is able to shoot node 1, is it meaningful to
> run both stonith plugins on every node

you mean with a clone i assume...
well it couldn't hurt, but its not essential.

particularly if the device only supports one connection, in such cases
I would take the alternative below

technically its not even required to prevent it from running on the
node that it can shoot... i have specifically tested that case and the
only downside is that failover might take a fraction longer (ie. the
time to start the stonith resource on the surviving node)