[Linux-HA] Re: HA 2.0.3 on Debian Sarge

Andrew Beekhof abeekhof at suse.de
Tue Feb 28 01:26:14 MST 2006

On Feb 28, 2006, at 6:31 AM, Sam Tran wrote:

> On 2/27/06, Sam Tran <stlist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am testing HA 2.0.3 on two Debian Sarge boxes, one being the active
>> node and the other the passive node. I configured ha.cf with
>> auto_failback set to off.
>>
>> In order to test the failover I just stop heartbeat on the primary
>> node. The secondary node acquires the resources. But heartbeat on the
>> primary node does not actually stop. The shutdown process is hanging.
>> Here is what I have in the ha-debug log:
>>
>> [snip]
>
> I looked at the Changelog from 2.0.4. There are lots fixes for the CRM
> shutdown. This may fix the issue I am having.

I believe that is highly likely.

When we were releasing 2.0.3 we saw and fixed a number of shutdown
issues however they appeared very late in the code freeze and the
major rework I wished to do was not appropriate.

Since 2.0.3 came out, I have put a great deal of effort into
bulletproofing the TEngine in general and and shutdowns in
particular... testing extensively on Alan's hardware which is much
better at exposing problems.

> When are the 2.0.4 Debian packages going to be available?

They wont be far away... my guess is whenever horms has a spare moment.

--
Andrew Beekhof

"No means no, and no means yes, and everything in between and all the
rest" - TISM