[Linux-HA] 2.0.3 module zlib not found...

Guochun Shi gshi at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 24 12:10:28 MST 2006

Steve Iribarne wrote:

>Nothing.  I checked my _install directory (because I install this on
>another machine and my DESTDIR is a local _install directory) and there
>is nothing there either.
>
>Is that where zlib should be??

Right. In the config, heartbeat checks if your machine have zlib.h and
libz.a.
If yes, then it will compile and install a compression library for
heartbeat.
e.g in my machine,
[gshi at kfs3 linux-ha]$ ls  /usr/lib/heartbeat/plugins/HBcompress
bz2.a  bz2.la  bz2.so  zlib.a  zlib.la  zlib.so

(bz2.* is another compression library used in heartbeat)

-Guochun