[Linux-HA] RPS10 Stonith Problem

Jamie Watt jamie.watt at murchison.com.au
Mon Feb 13 15:11:05 MST 2006

Hi All,

I just thought I'd let everyone know the solution to the problem I've
been having because I hate seeing an incomplete thread on a mailing list
(just in case anyone else has the same problem and finds this Googling).

After contacting WTI for support I found that my null modem cable was
not wired for handshaking, pins 7 and 8 need to cross (RTS and CTS).

Here is what the pin out should look like:

6&1  -    4
2      -    3
3      -    2
4      -    6&1
5      -    5
7      -    8
8      -    7

So for future reference... make sure you have the correct cable with an
RPS-10! ;-)