[Linux-HA] RPS10 Stonith Problem

Jamie Watt jamie.watt at murchison.com.au
Tue Feb 7 15:29:00 MST 2006

OK I've managed to get the "RPS-10 Ready" response using minicom,
however the only way I have been able to do this is by disconnecting the
power to the RPS10 and then re-connecting it.  When the power is
re-connected the "RPS-10 Ready" response displays in minicom.

I have tried to hangup and initialise the connection with minicom (as I
have seen suggested) however no response appears to be sent from the
RPS10.  I have tested with two different RPS10 units and had the same
problem.

After toggling the power on the RPS10 I receive:

Plug 0 Off
Plug 0 On
Complete

I admit that there could be problems with my serial connection.  I could
only find one serial cable in my office and I have no idea how old it is
or if there are any problems with it.  I have new serial cables arriving
tomorrow.

Could it be possible that the serial cable itself is preventing stonith
from receiving the response from the RPS10?

Jamie