[Linux-HA] gettext problem with 2.0.2 on FreeBSD 5.4

emfau at t-online.de emfau at t-online.de
Fri Oct 28 10:06:47 MDT 2005

Hi,

I'm still not able to build 2.0.2 on FreeBSD with all components required
althoug I received quite a few valuable hints from this list.

I'm still fighting to get the installed gettext pakage detected properly. The
problem is that on FreeBSD libintl has an additional dependency to libiconv

$ ldd /usr/local/lib/libintl.so
	/usr/local/lib/libintl.so:
         libiconv.so.3 => /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.3 (0x2815d000)

which results in failing the configure test for gettext.
Is there anything I can do about it without fiddeling around with configure.in,
autoconf/-make and alike as I'm not really familiar with these tools?

Thanks for your time,
  Michael