[Linux-HA] Heartbeat2 and OCFS2

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Oct 27 07:41:26 MDT 2005

On 2005-10-25T14:37:18, augustasg at gmail.com wrote:

> has anyone been successful in integrating heartbeat v2 and Oracle
> Cluster File System v2?

We're working on true integration right now. Jeff Mahoney has picked up
on this. However, as the work so far mostly concerns advancing OCFS2
(while heartbeat 2.0.4 should be quite powerful enough to drive it),
this is taking place on ocfs2-devel so far and not on the heartbeat
lists.

> I personally has tried to add ocfs2 as a dependency for other
> resources in group using ocf, lsb and heartbeat class, but it seams
> that there are some problems with it. the versions used: heartbeat
> 2.0.2, ocfs2 1.0.2, OS SLES9 SP2

This doesn't work right now, or at least not very well.

In some time, we'll have an OCFS2 resource agent for heartbeat 2.x
(modeled as a clone), which you can then use in the heartbeat config as
a dependency etc, and which will be responsible for managing
(mounting/unmounting) the OCFS2 filesystem. This will be OCFS2 1.3.x
material, I think, and probably be relevant in time for SLES10.

Right now, well, you can start OCFS2 prior to heartbeat and put stuff on
it, and it will mostly work because the OCFS2 internal fencing and
heartbeat STONITH fencing don't step on eachother toes (much), but you
can't really model it as a dependency, they are separate entities
still.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--