[Linux-HA] cl_status returns empty string

Nathan Price nathan.price at yale.edu
Mon Oct 24 12:16:28 MDT 2005

Hi,

At 12:56 PM 10/24/2005 -0500, Guochun Shi <gshi at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>can you post the heartbeat log when you run the cl_status command?

Sure. Things have gotten stranger in that 'cl_status rscstatus' has now
gone back to giving me a value ('all' or 'none' depending on which cluster
node I'm on). However, this morning, when cl_status was failing, this is
what I got in /var/log/ha-log:

[root at shaker-n2 backup]# cl_status rscstatus

heartbeat: 2005/10/23_09:42:00 WARN: duplicate client add request
[cl_status] [18165]
heartbeat: 2005/10/23_09:42:00 ERROR: api_process_registration_msg: cannot
add client(1)
heartbeat: 2005/10/23_09:42:00 ERROR: api_process_registration_msg: found
wrong client

Now, it's back to normal, and 'cl_status rscstatus' gives us this:
[root at shaker-n2 backup]# cl_status rscstatus

heartbeat: 2005/10/24_14:06:18 info: EOF from client pid 31617
heartbeat: 2005/10/24_14:06:18 info: Client pid 31617 died (input)
heartbeat: 2005/10/24_14:06:18 info: api_send_client: client 31617 died

Thanks very much,
Nathan