[Linux-HA] Balance and HA

Jens Grigel jens.grigel at sskm.de
Mon Oct 24 04:42:16 MDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 14:49, DeMarchi wrote:
> Thanks for your help, but, did I get this right? Looks like bonding will
> let me have two redundant NICs answering same mac (therefore, same IP).
> This is a good thing and I think I can use it but what I really need is
> HA on my two Internet links. They would split traffic and In case one
> link fails, the other one would take over the whole traffic till the
> first rises again.
> Can it be done?
> Thanks again for your help.
> DeMarchi.

Hi,

have you checked the
"Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO" ?
under http://www.lartc.org

They have examples of how to do all the advanced stuff with routing,
traffic shaping, etc... see especially section
"4.2. Routing for multiple uplinks/providers":
http://www.lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

Haven't tried that myself, but it might help you.
--
Jens