[Linux-HA] Problem building 2.0.2 with make install

Steve Iribarne steve.iribarne at dilithiumnetworks.com
Thu Oct 20 12:19:51 MDT 2005

-> -----Original Message-----
-> From: linux-ha-bounces at lists.linux-ha.org [mailto:linux-ha-
-> bounces at lists.linux-ha.org] On Behalf Of Horms
-> Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:06 AM
-> To: General Linux-HA mailing list
-> Subject: Re: [Linux-HA] Problem building 2.0.2 with make install
->
-> On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 08:38:51AM -0700, Steve Iribarne wrote:
-> > -> If you have a system that you can't install libltdl on, then
-> > -> you are in a bit of a bind. A work around would be to find a
system
-> > -> that does have libltdl, on that system run:
-> > ->
-> >
-> > No I can actually install libltdl on my system, albeit, I'll have
-> put
-> > it in another location so that will be a bit of a challenge telling
hb
-> > where it is.
-> >
-> > -> ./ConfigureMe --enable-bundled-ltdl
-> > -> make dist
-> > ->
-> > -> This should produce a tarball that includes the libltdl/
directory
-> > -> and you could use that on the other system.
-> > ->
-> > -> I haven't actually tested this, so no guarantees.
-> >
-> > Thanks Horms for you help.
->
-> It actually turned out to be sligthly more tricky than I first
-> suspected. Partly because my suggested call to ./ConfigureMe is
missing
-> an argument. The following was a winning combination.
->
-> ./ConfigureMe boottrap --enable-bundled-ltdl
-> make dist
->
-> I've made the result available as
heartbeat-2.0.2-bundled-libltdl.tar.gz
-> in http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/heartbeat/2.0.2/
->
-> i.e.: http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/heartbeat/2.0.2/heartbeat-
-> 2.0.2-bundled-libltdl.tar.gz
->
-> When you unpack this, I think you will need to run
->
-> ./ConfigureMe configure --enable-bundled-ltdl
-> make
->
-> Though you probably don't need the --enable-bundled-ltdl if your
system
-> doesn't have ltdl on your system, which is afterall, the crux of the
-> problem.
->

Well still trying to get this to work.

Started with a fresh 2.0.2 of heartbeat from website.
Modified ConfigureMe for my cross compile stuff. (i.e. compiler and some
simple flags)
Ran ./ConfigureMe configure
That all worked.
Run make
Making all in libltdl

Why is it trying to MAKE THIS???  If it's not part of the distro, then
shouldn't it be out of the Makefile?

I tried to do... ./ConfigureMe configure --without-package-libltdl

to no avail.

Ok.. now it's getting frustrating.  I just want to build the darn thing.
I know everyone else has done this.

Thanks again Horms for all your help.

-stv