[Linux-HA] Problem building 2.0.2 with make install

Steve Iribarne steve.iribarne at dilithiumnetworks.com
Thu Oct 20 10:39:03 MDT 2005

-> -----Original Message-----
-> From: linux-ha-bounces at lists.linux-ha.org [mailto:linux-ha-
-> bounces at lists.linux-ha.org] On Behalf Of Horms
-> Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:06 AM
-> To: General Linux-HA mailing list
-> Subject: Re: [Linux-HA] Problem building 2.0.2 with make install
->
-> On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 08:38:51AM -0700, Steve Iribarne wrote:
-> > -> If you have a system that you can't install libltdl on, then
-> > -> you are in a bit of a bind. A work around would be to find a
system
-> > -> that does have libltdl, on that system run:
-> > ->
-> >
-> > No I can actually install libltdl on my system, albeit, I'll have
-> put
-> > it in another location so that will be a bit of a challenge telling
hb
-> > where it is.
-> >
-> > -> ./ConfigureMe --enable-bundled-ltdl
-> > -> make dist
-> > ->
-> > -> This should produce a tarball that includes the libltdl/
directory
-> > -> and you could use that on the other system.
-> > ->
-> > -> I haven't actually tested this, so no guarantees.
-> >
-> > Thanks Horms for you help.
->
-> It actually turned out to be sligthly more tricky than I first
-> suspected. Partly because my suggested call to ./ConfigureMe is
missing
-> an argument. The following was a winning combination.
->
-> ./ConfigureMe boottrap --enable-bundled-ltdl
-> make dist
->
-> I've made the result available as
heartbeat-2.0.2-bundled-libltdl.tar.gz
-> in http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/heartbeat/2.0.2/
->
-> i.e.: http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/heartbeat/2.0.2/heartbeat-
-> 2.0.2-bundled-libltdl.tar.gz
->
-> When you unpack this, I think you will need to run
->
-> ./ConfigureMe configure --enable-bundled-ltdl
-> make
->
-> Though you probably don't need the --enable-bundled-ltdl if your
system
-> doesn't have ltdl on your system, which is afterall, the crux of the
-> problem.
->
->
The ./ConfigureMe configure --enable-bundled-ltdl, the
"--enable-bundled-ltdl" seem to have no effect.  I'll just install it on
my system.

Thanks.. I'll let you know if that worked.

-sv