[Linux-HA] Problem building 2.0.2 with make install

Horms horms at verge.net.au
Thu Oct 20 10:05:57 MDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 08:38:51AM -0700, Steve Iribarne wrote:
> -> If you have a system that you can't install libltdl on, then
> -> you are in a bit of a bind. A work around would be to find a system
> -> that does have libltdl, on that system run:
> ->
>
> No I can actually install libltdl on my system, albeit, I'll have to put
> it in another location so that will be a bit of a challenge telling hb
> where it is.
>
> -> ./ConfigureMe --enable-bundled-ltdl
> -> make dist
> ->
> -> This should produce a tarball that includes the libltdl/ directory
> -> and you could use that on the other system.
> ->
> -> I haven't actually tested this, so no guarantees.
>
> Thanks Horms for you help.

It actually turned out to be sligthly more tricky than I first
suspected. Partly because my suggested call to ./ConfigureMe is missing
an argument. The following was a winning combination.

./ConfigureMe boottrap --enable-bundled-ltdl
make dist

I've made the result available as heartbeat-2.0.2-bundled-libltdl.tar.gz
in http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/heartbeat/2.0.2/

i.e.: http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/heartbeat/2.0.2/heartbeat-2.0.2-bundled-libltdl.tar.gz

When you unpack this, I think you will need to run

./ConfigureMe configure --enable-bundled-ltdl
make

Though you probably don't need the --enable-bundled-ltdl if your system
doesn't have ltdl on your system, which is afterall, the crux of the
problem.

--
Horms