[Linux-HA] ipfail in V2

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 06:40:27 MDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.de> wrote:
> On 2005-10-20T13:22:30, Simon Rowe <srowe at cambridgebroadband.com> wrote:
>
> > > (OK, or wait for someone on the linux-ha team to write it.)
> > I don't have the time for either. I'll have to dump V2 and see if V1
> > provides sufficient working functionality.
>
> I suppose this being Open Source, you could find a developer who'd take
> a bribe and implement this feature for you for less than you'd have paid
> for a single node license of a commercial clustering product...

While in principle I personally would never take bribes, in practice I
have no principles :-)

With what we have now in CVS, we can get a reasonably close
approximation of ipfail.
You wont get true damping - so some ping-pong'ing of resources may still occur.
It may also be not as efficient as we'd like it to be.

lmb: random thought... if the "ipfail RA" checked the values on the
other nodes before it updated the CIB, then we could avoid dipping
into the PE.  the check would be trivial, just specify a different
host.