[Linux-HA] cl_status rscstatus

Jens Grigel jens.grigel at sskm.de
Wed Oct 19 10:45:20 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 17:08, Ivo Bitter wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 03:48:10PM +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> > Could someone point me to the difference between those ("all" and "none" seem pretty
> > straightforward, but what about "foreign" and "local" ?).
> >
> > Currently, my alert script assumes that "local" and "all" mean that I'm on the active node, whereas
> > "foreign" or "none" means I'm on the passive node.
> foreign means that the node is running those resources which are
> assigned to the other node in haresources. none means it is running no
> resources at all. local means it's running only the resources it was
> assigned, all means it has both it's own and the other node's resources.

"cl_status rscstatus" might also return "transition" if heartbeat is
currently in any process of acquring/releasing the resources (e.g. at
startup, failover, switchover) and hasn't finished that process.
Be sure to also take care of that case.

Jens Grigel

Citysavingsbank Munich, Germany
Dep. of Network and Security