[Linux-HA] Heartbeat Configuration

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Tue Oct 18 14:01:39 MDT 2005

I had some problems parsing your description:

David Qualls wrote:
> Here is the scenario that I would like to create.
>
> I have 2 sets of redundant boxes, lets call them box 1 and 2 for set 1
> and box 3 and for for set 2.  Each of the sets are replicating mysql to
> each other, so if box 1 goes down box 3 takes over and the same thing
> with box 2 and 4.  What I would like to do is heartbeat each set to one
> another, so that 1 ip address could be pinged.  also I would like to set
> up a remote server in a different geographical area so that if a
> catastrophic event takes place I still have my server up.
>
> Can HA do this?  If so, is there any sample configuration files that
> sombody has done out there for one to look at.

There are some missing words in the description, so I'm not sure what
you're asking for.  Please try again.  Maybe a picture would help.
Also, I'm not sure what the IP address and the pinging is for...

But, it doesn't sound that far out of the norm - assuming I have the
right idea about what you're talking about.

We don't currently support geographical clustering very well, so if I
understand what you said, that might not be something you want to do
right away.

So, please try again.

Wilberforce