[Linux-HA] Problem with STONITH and heartbeat 2

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Tue Oct 18 13:23:44 MDT 2005

Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2005-10-17T17:14:33, Andrew Beekhof <beekhof at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>yes, definitely requires the input from IBM China.
>>
>>The logs below indicate that the CRM did its part but the call failed.
>>
>>Oct 12 11:47:39 sarek tengine: [23000]: info:
>>mask(callbacks.c:tengine_stonith_callback): optype=1, node_name=spock,
>>result=2, node_list=
>>Oct 12 11:47:39 sarek tengine: [23000]: ERROR:
>>mask(tengine.c:match_down_event): Stonith of
>>94e85471-d30d-4b94-aa8e-69c8440361a0 failed (2)... aborting
>>transition.
>
> Could you file a blocker? We need all components of the system to
> provide enough debugging information to find out what the problems are.

The problem may be in the STONITH API.  I don't see a way to redirect
STONITH messages to the right logging interface - so they may be going
to stdout/stderr and getting lost.

The underlying plugin API provides this capability, but it isn't
exported through the STONITH API (or so it looks to me).

Wilberforce