[Linux-HA] USB network question

Gary W. Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Tue Oct 11 11:08:28 MDT 2005

I need to setup the heartbeat (as well as DRBD replication) over a USB
network.  I'm running RHEL 4.  I was wondering if anyone had any
recommended USB devices for doing this.  I have no experience networking
with USB.

Basically we have a set of boxes with 1 NIC which is on a public
network.  I don't want heartbeat traffic or DRBD replication to go
through that.  I remember reading somewhere that you can use a special
USB cable to setup a peer to peer network for doing just this.

Can someone point me in the right direction for the hardware needed and
the configuration needed?

Thanks,

Gary Smith