[Linux-HA] Monitoring & failing over

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 03:07:14 MDT 2005

On 10/9/05, Jan Lenaerts <wetenschapper at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I'm trying to let my apache fail over when it goes down.
>  so I configed this in my cib.xml:
>  <primitive id="Apache" class="lsb" type="apache2">
>             <operations>
>               <op id="0c6f1bd0-379f-4c11-9162-064662cbb229"
> name="stop" timeout="4s"/>
>               <op id="2" name="start" timeout="5s"/>
>               <op id="3" name="monitor" interval="10s" timeout="3s"/>
>             </operations>
>           </primitive>
>

>  This is what apears every 10s(the monitor interval):
>  Sep 28 23:43:10 localhost lrmd: [11986]: WARN: For LSB init script, no
> additional parameters are needed.
>  however on the ClusterInformationBase/Actions page they use lsb and
> monitors....

the CRM is trying to pass the interval to the RA and the LRM is
complaining about it because its an LSB script.

>  when I fail apache the resource doesn't fail over:

this should work but requires the monitor action to function correctly.

you may want to try the one provided with heartbeat instead as not all
distros query the actual service when you run: /etc/init.d/apache2
status

if /etc/init.d/apache2 status is returning the correct values, you'll
need to specify your version and attach logs and complete
configuration.

>  should I use "per action parameters" for this? then you have to write your
> own script to catch the vars and do the failing over right?

no

>  or should I use something like mon or ldirectord.

this is possible but no longer required