[Linux-HA] STONITH smart-ups 1500I

Etienne van Tonder evt at infoware.com.au
Sun Oct 9 17:20:54 MDT 2005

Hi Alan,

I upgraded to 2.0.2 yesterday and everything is working as expected now,
thanks.

I've only got one serial port but an abundance of USB ports on my new
servers which is a real shame when using them with Linux, as Linux support
for USB devices does not seem to be quite there yet.

I was going to use the serial port for the backup heartbeat connection, but
I now will be using it for the UPS link for my stonith setup. Do you know if
anyone has successfully used stonith with a USB connected smart-ups?

Is there any issues with using another eth nic connection as the backup
heartbeat?

Regards,

Etienne.