[Linux-HA] BasicSanityCheck fails and problems will failover - failback

Martin Andersson mra1 at home.se
Tue Oct 4 08:49:41 MDT 2005

Hello,

I have previously used heartbeat R1 and are now trying to migrate to R2. However, so far I have not succeeded in setting up a simple active-passive cluster with two resources. It will not failback correctly when restoring the failed node and in some cases I also end up with split-brain states...

In trying to resolve the errors I've tested to run BasicSanityCheck and it stops with errors. I have tried to resolve those (as well as the original errors) but so far I have failed. Can anyone help me, please?

OS: Red Hat AS 3 Update 4 (2.4.21-27.ELsmp)
Linux-HA (heartbeat) version: 2.0.2 (stable) compiled on red hat box (source downloded from the source-rpms)

I ahve attached log from the BasicSanityCheck.

thanks,  Martin

----------
Printout form BasicSanityCheck:

Starting heartbeat
Starting High-Availability services:
                                                           [  OK  ]
/usr/bin/cl_status shows status of [127.0.0.1] as dead (1)
/usr/bin/cl_status shows status of [pingus_please] as dead (1)
Looks like monitor operation failed
Reloading heartbeat
Reloading heartbeat
Stopping heartbeat
Stopping High-Availability services:
                                                           [  OK  ]
Checking STONITH basic sanity.
Performing apphbd success case tests
Performing apphbd failure case tests
Starting IPC tests
Starting LRM tests
Starting heartbeat
Starting High-Availability services:
                                                           [  OK  ]
starting STONITH Daemon tests
STONITH Daemon tests passed.
Stopping heartbeat
Stopping High-Availability services:
                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting CRM tests
CRM tests failed.
tengine[4373]: 2005/10/04_14:41:38 ERROR: mask(utils.c:send_complete): 3 - Transition status: Timed out after 60000ms
Tue Oct 4 14:42:09 CEST 2005 : ERROR: Assert failed - S_IDLE not reached after first resource created
OOPS! Looks like we had some errors come up.
5 errors. Log file is stored in /tmp/linux-ha.testlog