[Linux-HA] Problem in Passive node of HA Cluster!!!

sridhar s mailtolinuxuser at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 12:00:21 MDT 2005

Dear all

 i am facing a problem in my HA cluster. I am getting
an error like this continously in passive node of my
cluster.

" NET: 38 messages suppressed.
Neighbour table overflow.  ...

NET: 38 messages suppressed.
Neighbour table overflow.  ....

"

this is coming continiously.

Is this a kernel problem or any memory leakage?

I checked for a solution for this in google, and
as per one of the workaround , i did the following
changes

echo "30"
>/proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_interval
echo "20"
>/proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_stale_time
echo "512" >proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh1
echo "2048"
>/proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh2
echo "4096"
>/proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh3
echo "20" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/eth0/gc_stale_time
echo "20" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/eth1/gc_stale_time
echo "20" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/lo/gc_stale_time
ip route flush cache

But still i am getting this erorr in passive node.

 Also when i am rebooting active or passive node
of HA cluster, i am getting Portmap error for mounting
NFS. As my datas are shared from NFS server, the
availability is very important.

IS this due to network speed or some other problem?

Please help

regds

Sridhar