[Linux-HA] Kernel based NFS with failover?

hm at seneca.muc.de hm at seneca.muc.de
Thu Oct 6 23:55:26 MDT 2005

John Hearns <john.hearns at streamline-computing.com> wrote:

> When the failover occurs the backup node is not starting
> the nfsserver service properly - it spits some errors.

It would certainly help to know _which_ errors, and what the config files
look like.

> Also there is no nfslock service as with th userspace NFS,
> so I wonder how state can be captured and transferred to
> the backup server.

You need to also fail over /var/lib/nfs. I always put this dir on a
separate small partition on the external disk or DRBD.

> Anyone got a setup running with kernel-based NFS please?

Yes, several at customer sites. I'm building the next one next week.

--
Naeser's Law:
	You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it