[Linux-HA] heartbeat 2.0.2 + stonith

Dave Blaschke debltc at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 5 08:15:11 MDT 2005

Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

>On 2005-10-04T15:31:46, Dave Blaschke <debltc at us.ibm.com> wrote:
>

>>>"ST_HOSTLIST"? Shouldn't this be just "hostlist"?
>>>

>>Not necessarily, it needs to be something that the external plugin
>>expects because the name becomes an environment variable set to the
>>value.  Alan preferred that the environment variable be prefixed with
>>something to lessen the possibility for collisions, so external/ssh uses
>>ST_ and external/riloe uses RI_ as prefixes.
>>

>The ST_ prefix is prepended by the stonithd when calling the script, no?

Hi Lars - No, whatever is returned by getconfignames are created in the
environment.  From external/ssh:

getconfignames)
        echo "ST_HOSTLIST"
        exit 0
        ;;

and from external/riloe:

if cmd == 'getconfignames':
        for arg in ['RI_HOST', 'RI_PASSWORD']:
            print arg
        sys.exit(0)

The external plugin handler just passes them through unmodified.