[Linux-HA] legacy to CRM conversion help

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Wed Oct 5 05:55:07 MDT 2005

BuraphaLinux Server wrote:
> For the 1.x version of heartbeat the documentation and tutorials work well.
> There just isn't much tutorial information with worked, complete
> installation 2.x
> examples, which is what this man needs.  Many of us need it and are hoping
> that eventually some kind soul will update the wiki with a step-by-step 2.x
> 3 node cluster setup for something everybody wants like apache.  I know the
> response is "everything is all there already" and I'm sure it is, but
> after several
> sequential scans through it all I still cannot get it right.  Please,
> if somebody
> has it working, create a 3-node step-by-step guide to setup including stonith.
> Instead of scattered snippets we need a tutorial so we can begin using the
> 2.x version.  I think everyone wants to use it, but right now it is
> quite difficult
> to use because of the documentation.

The web site http://linux-ha.org/ is a cache of the contents at
http://wiki.linux-ha.org.  You're certainly encouraged to update the
documentation there.

For basic things, everything really is there, but not for advanced
things.  But, as you said, not in a step-by-step way...

Here are some places to start, however...

http://linux-ha.org/ClusterInformationBase/UserGuide
http://linux-ha.org/ClusterInformationBase/Conversion
http://linux-ha.org/ClusterInformationBase/SimpleExamples
http://wiki.linux-ha.org/GettingStartedV2#samples

In some cases, the documentation is there but poorly organized, and in
some cases, it's not really there...

Wilberforce