[Linux-HA] 3 SERVERS in CLUSTER (db2)

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Mon Oct 3 19:12:44 MDT 2005

Le-Prieur Laurent wrote:

> ---- Messages d´origine ----
> De: Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>
> Date: Lundi, Octobre 3, 2005 9:10 pm
> Objet: Re: [Linux-HA] 3 SERVERS in CLUSTER
>

>>Laurent LE PRIEUR wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I have activate the CRM for 3 nodes in cluster.
>>>
>>>I would wish to set up the following design
>>>
>>>2 Nodes ACTIVE and 1 node PASSIVE connected on SAN Network.
>>>
>>>Each of the 2 active nodes launches DB2.
>>>
>>>With the structure and support IBM DB2, the directory for DB2 is
>>
>>/opt/IBM/db2>
>>
>>>If the versions of DB2 are not the same ones I am constrained to
>>
>>authorize the fail over on the passive node only for the first
>>node which would fall defective.
>>
>>>Can I put this operation places from there with the CRM and so
>>
>>yes how?
>>

>>I assume you have two different DB2 instances on the two active
>>machines?
>

> Yes Alan, two diffrent DB2 instances and potentially two different
> release (fixpack) for DB2 (one node active node with fixpak 8 and
> other with fixpak 10).

Is this going to work?  Can you actually have two copies of db2 on the
same machine at the same time?

> I have two partition per node on SAN :
>
> first partition mounted /opt/IBM/db2 (content /opt/IBM/db2, /var/db2
> (symbolic link)  and homedir for dasusr1)
>
> second partition mounted /datainst1 (content homedir for db2inst1 et
> db2fenc1 and the data for instance and databases).
>
> I have sync on all node
> /etc/passwd
> /etc/shadow
> /etc/group
> /etc/services
>
> And i have disable in /etc/inittab this line for HA environnement
> fmc:2345:respawn:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/bin/db2fmcd #DB2 Fault Monitor
> Coordinator
>
> I will use the passive node if one (and only one) of active is fault
> or maintenance.

I think each machine needs to have its own homedir installed - somewhere
in the homedir there hides the name of the machine it's installed on.

You need to have ONLY the tables move from one machine to another - not
the homedir.

Wilberforce