[Linux-HA] 3 SERVERS in CLUSTER

Le-Prieur Laurent laurent.le-prieur at ac-nancy-metz.fr
Mon Oct 3 14:50:38 MDT 2005

---- Messages d´origine ----
De: Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>
Date: Lundi, Octobre 3, 2005 9:10 pm
Objet: Re: [Linux-HA] 3 SERVERS in CLUSTER

> Laurent LE PRIEUR wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have activate the CRM for 3 nodes in cluster.
> >
> > I would wish to set up the following design
> >
> > 2 Nodes ACTIVE and 1 node PASSIVE connected on SAN Network.
> >
> > Each of the 2 active nodes launches DB2.
> >
> > With the structure and support IBM DB2, the directory for DB2 is
> /opt/IBM/db2>
> > If the versions of DB2 are not the same ones I am constrained to
> authorize the fail over on the passive node only for the first
> node which would fall defective.
> >
> > Can I put this operation places from there with the CRM and so
> yes how?
>

> I assume you have two different DB2 instances on the two active
> machines?

Yes Alan, two diffrent DB2 instances and potentially two different
release (fixpack) for DB2 (one node active node with fixpak 8 and
other with fixpak 10).

I have two partition per node on SAN :

first partition mounted /opt/IBM/db2 (content /opt/IBM/db2, /var/db2
(symbolic link)  and homedir for dasusr1)

second partition mounted /datainst1 (content homedir for db2inst1 et
db2fenc1 and the data for instance and databases).

I have sync on all node
/etc/passwd
/etc/shadow
/etc/group
/etc/services

And i have disable in /etc/inittab this line for HA environnement
fmc:2345:respawn:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/bin/db2fmcd #DB2 Fault Monitor
Coordinator

I will use the passive node if one (and only one) of active is fault
or maintenance.

Laurent