[Linux-HA] hb master proc leaking memory on client signon/off?

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Tue Mar 22 15:22:03 MST 2005

forrest whitcher wrote:
> Alan,
>
> By reproduce, do you mean does running cl_status increase the memory
> in use b y the heartbeat master daemon?
>
> If that's what you mean then yes it does, same thing, about 4k each time
> I run cl_status.
>
> fw
>

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:07:03 -0700, Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh> wrote:
>
>>forrest whitcher wrote:
>>
>>>Alan et al
>>>
>>>I've been kicking the tires some on Heartbeat and have observed that every
>>>time a new client connects (signon-s) to the heartbeat process the the master
>>>process ratchets up it's memory use by about 4K of ram.
>>>
>>>This is when I do the following:
>>>
>>>hb = ll_cluster_new("heartbeat");
>>> signon(hb, MY_NAME);
>>> cl_log_set_facility(facility);
>>>  init_nodewalk(hb);
>>>   nextnode(hb));          /* repeat while more nodes */
>>>  end_nodewalk(hb);
>>> signoff(hb);
>>>delete(hb);
>>>
>>>I'm checking for HA_OK , so I know all the calls have completed, -- is there
>>>a reason for the daemon to hold the connection resources after exit??.
>>>
>>>I'm running 1.99.2 pulled from CVS about a week ago
>>
>>No.  This is a bug.  It's something we fixed in the past, but it seems to
>>have recurred.  Can you reproduce it using cl_status?

OK.

Could you create a bug in our bugzilla with severity blocking on this item?
http://www.osdl.org/developer_bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Linux-HA

You'll need to create a login for yourself to do this.

	Many thanks!

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce