[Linux-HA] More questions about IPaddr & /proc/fs/nfs/exports

Kian_Chang_Low at veritasdgc.com Kian_Chang_Low at veritasdgc.com
Fri Mar 18 03:46:35 MST 2005

Hi,

While working on an active/active NFS server setup, I notice the following
and wonder the following,

1) in IPaddr, in the subroutine "delete_interface ()", I noticed that I
have to put a lapse in the close of this command to prevent the server
from notifying the client about its "exportfs -u" command. Typically a
"sleep" of 3 or more second seems sufficient. But I was wondering whether
anyone knows which resource/file that this command changes so that we can
look directly at, instead of having an arbitrary sleep of a few seconds?

2) is it possible to update the /proc/fs/nfs/exports file without the
client issuing a mount request?

Thanks again,
Kian Chang.