[Linux-HA] heartbeat cannot read from one of many sockets

Todd Lyons tlyons at ivenue.com
Wed Mar 16 13:30:05 MST 2005

Marcin Przyczyna wanted us to know:

>If I work over ssh using management network
>(the suspect one) I get sometimes delays:
>the cursor hangs for a moment and than I get every
>letter I typed in, like a streak.

What does mii-tool show for that interface?  If it's a Cisco 5500
series (hell all Cisco 100 Megabit switchs), auto-negotiation doesn't
seem to work properly.  Best to lock all switch ports at 100 Mbit Full
Duplex and then see if your Linux box will sense it as 100 Mbit.
Regards...		Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin
Linux kernel   1 user,  load average: 0.08, 0.10, 0.17