[Linux-HA] heartbeat cannot read from one of many sockets

Todd Lyons tlyons at ivenue.com
Wed Mar 16 13:30:05 MST 2005

Marcin Przyczyna wanted us to know:

>If I work over ssh using management network
>(the suspect one) I get sometimes delays:
>the cursor hangs for a moment and than I get every
>letter I typed in, like a streak.

What does mii-tool show for that interface?  If it's a Cisco 5500
series (hell all Cisco 100 Megabit switchs), auto-negotiation doesn't
seem to work properly.  Best to lock all switch ports at 100 Mbit Full
Duplex and then see if your Linux box will sense it as 100 Mbit.
--
Regards...		Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin