[Linux-HA] heartbeat over ethernet with ipfail question

R.Schramp at telecom.tno.nl R.Schramp at telecom.tno.nl
Tue Mar 15 08:41:37 MST 2005

Hello Matt,

this is exactly how I understood it from the manual,
however I see not so much point in failing over to a system which can't
use
it's local IP stack (as in "can't ping the redundant default router").

Therefor in the case of not being able to ping, I would want the node to
be/become slave.
Is this possible?

I also have some doubts if drbd would successfully recover when both
nodes loose each other for a while (ending up in
either Secondary/Unknown or Primary/Unknown)

Ruud