[Linux-HA] Two more suggestion w.r.t. configuration

hm at seneca.muc.de hm at seneca.muc.de
Fri Mar 11 14:54:25 MST 2005

Has somebody been thinking about a configuration GUI for heartbeat?
Just curious. Not that the three config files aren't easy to grok but it
may reduce the fear of contact for some not-so-bash-and-vi-savvy folks out
there. You know who I'm talking about... This would also make it easier to
keep config files in sync on all nodes (ucast is a pathetic exception of
the desirable rule "keep everything identical on both nodes"). This week, I
changed something in ha.cf on one node, scp'd it over, and wondered why the
second node could't re-enter the cluster. Duh. No I don't mean
yast2-heartbeat - we're not _only_ SUSE here, or are we? ;-) (This is where
the Red Hat redhat-config-something stuff has its merits - it can be used

And while we're at it: can somebody please change haresources to allow
for line breaks, like

node1 \
	datadisk::/dev/drbd0::drbd0 \
	Filesystem::/dev/raidvg/wwwlv::/srv/www::xfs \
	Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/export::xfs \
	apache \
	smb \
	nmb \
	winbindd \

that would make things much more readable than

node1 datadisk::/dev/drbd0::drbd0 Filesystem::/dev/datavg/wwwlv::/srv/www::xfs Filesystem::/dev/datavg/sambalv::/export::xfs apache smb nmb winbindd xinetd

G'night everyone.

"Ah, you know the type.  They like to blame it all on the Jews or the
Blacks, 'cause if they couldn't, they'd have to wake up to the fact
that life's one big, scary, glorious, complex and ultimately
unfathomable crapshoot -- and the only reason THEY can't seem to keep
up is they're a bunch of misfits and losers."
		-- A analysis of Neo-Nazis, from "The Badger" comic