[Linux-HA] Newbie - Several IPs for the master node

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Fri Mar 11 06:50:42 MST 2005

Gael Pourriel wrote:
> Dear all,
> Is it possible to have more than one IP for the master node?
> For example my 2 nodes have the IPs:
> and
> When one node takes over the cluster I want it to have also the following IP:
>,, etc...
> I suppose this would go into the haresources file but how.
> At the moment I have the following line:
> node1 httpd ftpd
> How can I add more than one IP address?

By putting more than one IP address...

node1 httpd ftpd

There is very little magic about the IP address resource agent. is a shorthand notation for

PS:  It is likely that you don't have to tell it the netmask or the
interface.  It defaults to appropriate values for the IP address given.

     Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce