[Linux-HA] non-IP Heartbeat over USB?

hm at seneca.muc.de hm at seneca.muc.de
Thu Mar 10 10:00:27 MST 2005

Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.de> wrote:
> On 2005-03-10T15:15:18, Helmut Wollmersdorfer <helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at> wrote:

> > O.k., let's have a look at unused possibilities of my nodes:
> > - audio

I love that idea. One could send status information back and forth using
Morse code... over S/PDIF to get galvanic isolation. Just kidding. (not
kidding: attaching a speaker would allow you to _hear_ what the cluster is
doing. Like in the old days when they used relay or tube machines.)

> or native infiniband and fibre channel.

With FC, do you mean direct host-to-host?

I like the shared partition approach.

--
Oh, I don't blame Congress.  If I had $600 billion at my disposal, I'd
be irresponsible, too.