[Linux-HA] non-IP Heartbeat over USB?

hm at seneca.muc.de hm at seneca.muc.de
Thu Mar 10 03:52:52 MST 2005

Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.de> wrote:
> If you want native support (heartbeat over raw disks, over infiniband,

over a raw disk partition would be nice, e.g. in a SAN. This would also
help tracking cabling failures in the disk setup. Hmmm - let me see if I
can get the heartbeat API right.

> over pigeons, ...), a plugin could be written to do that. File an

floppies, please. Write me somebody a plugin for heartbeat over floppies.
Or while we're at it, USB memory sticks ;-) Hey, over parallel with 2 opto
couplers, that would be cool.

--
"The National Association of Theater Concessionaires reported that in
1986, 60% of all candy sold in movie theaters was sold to Roger Ebert."