[Linux-HA] Missing generic.so

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Mar 9 00:52:50 MST 2005

On 2005-03-08T23:29:38, "David A. Smith" <dsmith at terrasoftsolutions.com> wrote:

> Well - Download/Configured and INSTALLED..  1.99.2.... the generic.so got
> created with no problem.  Was a pain getting it to support the 64 bit
> pointers, but once all was straightened out and the conf/auth files were
> aligned -
>
> we get this:
>
> [root at ydog1 ha.d]#  /etc/rc.d/init.d/heartbeat start
> Starting High-Availability services:
> [  OK  ]
>

> Not SURE what to think but thought i'd toss it up for feedback.

Great! Now, 1.99.2 is already a bit dated, and we should be putting out
1.99.3 soon, but in theory the 2-node "legacy" mode should be just as
stable and better even than with 1.2.3.

(You could build CVS HEAD to get that.)

You've just declared yourself official tester of the legacy mode in
1.99.x ;-) Please report whether the 2 node mode works for you.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering