[Linux-HA] heartbeat with OpenBSD ?

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Tue Mar 8 15:52:20 MST 2005

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 09:10:49AM -0700, Alan Robertson wrote:
>
>>Eugen Leitl wrote:

>>>Last time I looked OpenBSD lacked a network block device, so no drbd.
>>
>>DRBD is unrelated to the network block device.
>

> My bad. I misinterpreted
> http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-11/availability_01.html as imply DRBD was
> requiring the nbd.
>
> I was referring to this
> http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0410/msg02429.html
>

>>Heartbeat does not require either DRBD or the nbd.
>

> I realize that. It's just inability to keep two filesystem synchronized is
> imo quite limiting on which HA services can be offered.

Many vendors sell shared storage solutions to resolve this problem.  It
tends to raise the price.  Depending on your application, this may or may
not be a problem.

There is no solution for local HA which requires DRBD or equivalent.

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce