[Linux-HA] heartbeat with OpenBSD ?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Mar 8 09:50:00 MST 2005

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 09:10:49AM -0700, Alan Robertson wrote:
> Eugen Leitl wrote:
> >On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 03:03:58PM +0100, julien at 2fi-systemes.net wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I currently work on a high availability solution for OpenBSD.
> >>I would like to use heartbear-1.99.2 on an openbsd 3.6 box.
> >>So first of all I would like to know if hearbeat is designed to work on
> >>OpenBSD ?
> >

> >Last time I looked OpenBSD lacked a network block device, so no drbd.
>
> DRBD is unrelated to the network block device.

My bad. I misinterpreted
http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-11/availability_01.html as imply DRBD was
requiring the nbd.

I was referring to this
http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0410/msg02429.html

> Heartbeat does not require either DRBD or the nbd.

I realize that. It's just inability to keep two filesystem synchronized is
imo quite limiting on which HA services can be offered.