[Linux-HA] API question

Steve Iribarne steve.iribarne at dilithiumnetworks.com
Wed Mar 2 15:53:44 MST 2005

I am using the api's to get notified that a state change has occurred.

Here is what I need to do.

I have two "blades" in my system.  One will be active and the other
standby.  I have a Database that keeps track of my world based on it
being active or standby.

So if something bad happens (or even if something good happens (ie. one
blade gets rebooted for an upgrade or the like), I will need to know
what is going on.

So what I think I need to do is the following:

1.  Register a set_msg_callback with message type set to T_RESOURCES.
2.  In that callback I keep track of my resource status (i.e. all, none,
foreign.. etc..)
3.  When I switch from none to all or all to none I will then do the
right thing.

The problem is I get notified that I have changed to transition.  But it
doesn't seem like I am getting notified that I go from transition to all
or transition to none.

What am I missing?

thanks.

-stv