[Linux-HA] Successfully compiling heartbeat on freebsd 5.3

Scott Kleihege scott-linux-ha at tummy.com
Wed Mar 2 12:37:03 MST 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 07:37:31AM -0700, Alan Robertson wrote:
>>In file included from /usr/local/include/libnet.h:81,
>>                 from send_arp.c:38:
>>/usr/local/include/./libnet/libnet-functions.h:85: warning: function
>>declaration isn't a prototype
>>send_arp.c: In function `get_hw_addr':
>>send_arp.c:264: warning: format not a string literal, argument types not
>>checked
>>send_arp.c:270: warning: format not a string literal, argument types not
>>checked
>
>This last two warnings come from having an old version of libnet on your
>machine.  I'd guess the first one is also caused by this one as well...
>

>Upgrading to libnet version >= 1.1 should make all three of these go away...

Unfortunately, it looks like the FreeBSD maintainer for libnet became
unresponsive about 2 years ago.  The port has been stuck on version
libnet-1.0.2a for almost 3 years.

It looks like libnet-devel is what is needed.

Thanks for the pointer,

Scott

Scott Kleihege              Linux Consulting since 1995
scott at tummy.com             Senior System and Network Administrators
                            http://www.tummy.com/