[Linux-HA] No takeover

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Mar 2 11:25:25 MST 2005

On 2005-03-02T16:47:29, Burkhard Schultheis <schultheis at tde-online.de> wrote:

> > Well, _I_ believe the bug is fixed in the current CVS version, and so
> > does Andreas Huck. If it's not for you, then you must be hitting
> > something else which I've not been able to reproduce...
> Juchhu, you are right. It _does_ work now here! What was the problem?

We were closing file descriptors in the child processes for security
reasons. Alas, the APC MasterSwitch kept an open socket which needed to
be handed from the parent to the child process which we were also

Luckily, it's a UDP socket and not TCP, or else it would be even worse

But, so simply not closing it is sufficient.

    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

High Availability & Clustering
SUSE Labs, Research and Development
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - A Novell Business