[Linux-HA] Successfully compiling heartbeat on freebsd 5.3

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Wed Mar 2 07:37:31 MST 2005

Scott Kleihege wrote:
> I was having problems with building heartbeat on a freebsd system, they
> were similar to several other recent problems I found in the archives from
> the last six months without corresponding solutions.
>
> The system we were attempting to install on is running FreeBSD 5.3 with

> When trying to ./configure without --disable-fatal-warnings, the make
> failed with
>
> In file included from /usr/local/include/libnet.h:81,
>                  from send_arp.c:38:
> /usr/local/include/./libnet/libnet-functions.h:85: warning: function
> declaration isn't a prototype
> send_arp.c: In function `get_hw_addr':
> send_arp.c:264: warning: format not a string literal, argument types not
> checked
> send_arp.c:270: warning: format not a string literal, argument types not
> checked

This last two warnings come from having an old version of libnet on your
machine.  I'd guess the first one is also caused by this one as well...

Upgrading to libnet version >= 1.1 should make all three of these go away...

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce