[Linux-HA] newbie Active Active

Charles Francis charles.francis at rtp.ppdi.com
Tue Mar 1 14:25:41 MST 2005

We have managed to get heartbeat working with a 2 node setup and serving
Apache.  However, we would like to be able to have these boxes act as proxy
servers and are having issues.  Is it possible to sync "state" information
between the two of them so that if a user is downloading a very large file
and the cluster fails over their download is not lost?  And how do you go
about setting the boxes up in an active-active configuration to accommodate
higher load?

Thanks!!

Charles Francis

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return email
and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading
or saving in any manner.