[Linux-HA] Node is not suppose to do ip takeover but it does

muhaimin muhaimin.dzulfakar at extol.com.my
Mon Jul 25 05:54:23 MDT 2005

I have two linux machine running fedora and latest hearbeat.In my
haresource :-

Which i tried to set the configuration as active/active

It works fine but after a certain period ibm machine will takeover linux
machine eventhough linux machine is still alive.
Sometimes linux machine take back its own ip for a while then ibm
machine will take over linux's ip again but most of the time ibm machine
would take over the linux's ip.
I dont know how to solve this.I thought probably the ibm always identify
linux as dead but when i try to ping linux machine from
ibm, it works fine.I used cross cable to connect both eth1.No serial
cable is used.Everytime when it runs i could see both machine have this

I guess this is a normal situation.

Muhaimin Dzulfakar
Security Engineer
Extol Corporation (M) Sdn Bhd