[Linux-HA] how to do fencing with drbd+heartbeat

paul-bennett at nc.rr.com paul-bennett at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 18 14:14:11 MDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Djalma Fadel Junior <dfadel at ferasoft.com.br>

> I installed a HA cluster using drbd+heartbeat, but I'm getting
> trouble to solve a fencing issue.

As far as I know, there is no way using pre 1.99.x code to prevent DRBD
going split-brain in cases like the one you describe.

The only way I can think of to prevent it is to have STONITH, and share
the heartbeat line and the DRBD line over a single connection (and only
that connection), and that is a clear SPOF.

I would gladly be proven wrong, since I'm facing the same problem
myself.

Paul