[Linux-HA] DNS problem with heartbeat !!!!!!!!!

Shantanu Kumar home_shantanu at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 12:13:11 MDT 2005

Hello all!!!

I have built a 2 node cluster which is acting as a
gateway to internet for internal network.
Each member of the cluster has a running DNS server
for queries from internal network, hence whichever
node is up that DNS server is used... Now the problem
is that since internal network knows only the aliased
Ip of the cluster . it can use only that to access the
DNS server,,, ..
It works fine .. but whenever aliased Ip change its
node in the cluster due to a failover of one node ..
the internal network is not able to access the DNS
server & hence always gives the error " Bad HOstname
"..
I think the problem is since the host identification
is changing whenver the IP of cluster shifts from one
node to other. PLease help me in rectifying this
problem!!!

THanks
Regards
Shantanu