[Linux-HA] Re: rpc-10 stonith configuration

Daniel Fort Dan at digiola.com
Sun Jul 10 11:26:17 MDT 2005

> Yan Fitterer wrote:
>
> Have you verified that through minicom, the STONITH devices come up
> with a "RPS-10 Ready" message, then allow you to switch ports on and off
> with the correct commands?
>
> ^B^X^X^B^X^X0T^M
>
> should toggle the power on the unit. ^B is Ctrl+B

When I connect to ttyS2 at 9600 baud with minicom it returns:
RPS-10 Ready

It also seems to accept commands:
^B^X^X^B^X^X*?^M returns:
Plug 0 On
Complete

> Alan Robertson wrote:
>
> You can either configure it in a file, or in the ha.cf file.  Your choice.

Okay, I created /etc/ha.d/rpc.cfg like this:

/dev/ttyS2 yin  0
/dev/ttyS2 yang 0

Then following the instructions in the stonith man page:

yang ha.d # stonith -t rps10 test
stonith: Did not find string: 'RPS-10 Ready' from WTI RPS10 Power Switch.
yang ha.d # stonith -t rps10 test
stonith: Did not find string: 'RPS-10 Ready' from WTI RPS10 Power Switch.
stonith: Did not find string: 'RPS-10 Ready' from WTI RPS10 Power Switch.

Note that the first time it is run stonith returns one line and every
subsequent run will return two lines.

I'm still stumped at finding a solution.

--Dan