[Linux-HA] rpc-10 stonith configuration

Yan Fitterer yfitterer at novell.com
Fri Jul 8 11:49:43 MDT 2005

		rpc.cfg Mmm... When I setup the last config (for a
client) with RPS-10s I certainly didn't create that file. I would guess
it's only needed for the standalone stonith command. I never used the
stonith command direct, I did all my tests with minicom, and then
straight with heartbeat and it all worked OK.

Have you verified that through minicom, the STONITH devices come up
with a "RPS-10 Ready" message, then allow you to switch ports on and off
with the correct commands?

^B^X^X^B^X^X0T^M

should toggle the power on the unit. ^B is Ctrl+B

Yan

>>> On Fri, Jul 8, 2005 at 6:04 pm, in message
33933.64.173.252.34.1120842281.squirrel at yang.digiola.com>, "Daniel
Fort"
  wrote:
> Hi Yan,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
>> 		I assume you talk about RPS- 10 (not RPC 10).
>
> Oops-- spell check doesn't help here.
>
>> Have you checked the settings on your serial port? It should not
take
>> that long to get an answer from the device with minicom.
>>
>> setserial - a /dev/ttyS2
>> will give you the current speed.
>
> yang ~ # setserial - a /dev/ttyS2
> /dev/ttyS2, Line 2, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03e8, IRQ: 4
> Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
> closing_wait: 3000
> Flags: spd_normal skip_test
>
> Humm. Looks like the baud rate is too high-- but isn't the rate set
by the
> application using the serial port? In fact there is a line setting
the
> serial port to 9600 in rps10.c.
>
>> The stonith_host lines in your ha.cf are fine. You can set the
serial
>> speed on the RPS- 10 with a switch between 2400 and 9600. If your
cable
>> is unreliable (too long for ex.), lowering the speed might help.
>
> I doubt that's the problem. These are new cables that came with the
RPS- 10