[Linux-HA] rpc-10 stonith configuration

Daniel Fort Dan at digiola.com
Fri Jul 8 11:04:41 MDT 2005

Hi Yan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

> 		I assume you talk about RPS-10 (not RPC 10).

Oops--spell check doesn't help here.

> Have you checked the settings on your serial port? It should not take
> that long to get an answer from the device with minicom.
>
> setserial -a /dev/ttyS2
> will give you the current speed.

yang ~ # setserial -a /dev/ttyS2
/dev/ttyS2, Line 2, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03e8, IRQ: 4
        Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
        closing_wait: 3000
        Flags: spd_normal skip_test

Humm. Looks like the baud rate is too high--but isn't the rate set by the
application using the serial port? In fact there is a line setting the
serial port to 9600 in rps10.c.

> The stonith_host lines in your ha.cf are fine. You can set the serial
> speed on the RPS-10 with a switch between 2400 and 9600. If your cable
> is unreliable (too long for ex.), lowering the speed might help.

I doubt that's the problem. These are new cables that came with the RPS-10
units.

Isn't there a configuration file that's missing?

>> yang ~ # stonith -t rps10 yang
>> stonith: Cannot open /etc/ha.d/rpc.cfg
>> stonith: Invalid config file for rps10 device.
<outlet> [...] ]
>> All tokens are white-space delimited.
>> Blank lines and lines beginning with # are ignored

Or is the information in the stonith man page out of date?

--Dan