[Linux-HA] route problem

Matthew Soffen msoffen at iso-ne.com
Wed Jul 6 13:44:22 MDT 2005

you have only 1 IP address for the 2 boxes ?

normally the default gateway will only be activated if you have IP
addresses on network startup.

If you need to bring the interface up/down, Do this:

vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth0

In that file add:
ADDRESS0=x.x.x.x
NETMASK0=y.y.y.y
GATEWAY0=z.z.z.z

Replace x.x.x.x with the broadcast address, y.y.y.y with the netmask,
and z.z.z.z with the gateway address.

Then you should have the route added or removed whenever you start or
stop the eth0 interface.

Matt